Trevor Reaney served as Clerk and Chief Executive to the Northern Ireland Assembly from August 2008 until his retirement in June 2016. Trevor began his career in the hospitality industry and has held a number of management and leadership positions in both the private and public sectors. Before joining the Assembly, Trevor served as Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Policing Board from January 2004 and, prior to that, he held the post of Chief Executive of Craigavon Borough Council from 1996 to 2003. He has undertaken international development work in Rwanda, Kosovo and Indonesia.
Trevor is a member or holds office with a number of organisations:
– Member of the National Assembly for Wales Remuneration Board
– Independent Member of the Audit and Scrutiny Committee of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, Northern Ireland.
– Fellow of the Institute of Management
– Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
– Trustee and Deputy Chair of Buttle UK (a children’s charity)
– Trustee of Tree Aid (an international development charity)
In the Queens Birthday Honours 2016, Trevor was awarded a CBE for services to democracy and the community in Northern Ireland.